Thanks so much for watching Ollie for 3 weeks! If you must know 2 things, know that he is spoiled, and he loves cuddles.
Ollie’s Daily Schedule
8:00 AM Walk / Poopoo
8:10 AM Eat (movmov)
8:15 AM Small snack
1:00 PM Walk / Pee
1:00 PM Snack
5:00 PM Walk / Poopoo
5:15 PM Eat (Movmov)
10:00 PM Late Night
10:05 PM Ollie’s Fav Snack
Ollie sleeps most of the day. He also stares outside and acts tough when he sees squirrels. Feel free to adjust the times to fit your guy’s schedule. Just try not to let him go any longer than 10 hours without going outside to avoid accidents. I try to keep it max 8 hours during the day, and 10 hours overnight.
Any major changes to the schedule will throw him off though. He’ll remind you by coming up to you. Dogs like routine.
Poops, Pees & Walks
Ollie is really picky about where he goes #2. Sorry. Lol. But he should poop at least once a day, sometimes twice. He is usually good to come back inside after he goes #2. If he doesn’t need to he’ll just pee like 3 times. If you’re going on a long walk and he’s already peed several times he might still pee even if just drops. Ollie likes to be extra.
When you’re ready to go home, tell him:
- Go home, Go mama, Go movmov
- All done. Come on lets go.
Ollie will like to lead the way so you’ll need to direct and pull him to where he should and shouldn’t go. Use your own judgement. I try to keep him from going too far into someone’s yard. Definitely avoid bushes that may have ticks. Sometimes he’s stubborn and you might need to be stern and pull him back.
If he’s been on a long walk or trail, be sure to check for ticks. Usually just takes a minute or two.
Ollie loves cuddles, kisses, and belly rubs. He will take any chance he has. If you’re not comfortable with kisses, then tell him no and gently nudge him. May have to tell him more than once. He’ll also get excited and jump on or next to you if you’re relaxing on the couch or bed. If you’re okay with cuddles and will be there for a bit, ask him to grab his lemur (he knows it as his lemur, but it’s a neck pillow) and he’ll bring it with him to come relax with you.
If he’s biting his lemur and moving his front paws back and forth that means he’s calming himself down.
Ollie likes to know you didn’t forget that he’s there. Kao, Ollie may come up to you during the day for attention if you’re working. You can try the following:
- Acknowledge him and give him a minute of attention
- See if he needs to go out (see Poop section). I try to take him for a quick walk in the afternoon if I have time. Sometimes he is fine without going. He also associates walks with a treat or food (we feed him in the mornings and evenings right after his walks, and he gets a treat at bedtime after a late-night walk.
- He likes being spoken to, even if he doesn’t understand it. Basically, Ollie craves attention. lol.
Food / water / Snacks
- 2 scoops of his kibble or
- 1 and a half scoops + lean protein (beef, chicken, turkey, eggs. No pork)